Thursday, November 09, 2006

A loaf of bread, a jug of wine...

This Saturday, the Buchanan Center for the Arts will be hosting a fund-raising food-and-drink event, the annual A Taste of the Arts wine-tasting and dinner. The funds the BCA raises at A Taste go not only to visual arts (my preferred medium, when I get manic), but they also help support the Monmouth Civic Orchestra, another artists' group I can't help but enjoy.

I'd love to attend the event, myself, but (a) it's got that wine thing going for it, and I have an allergy to grapes, and (b) I don't have the requisite bucks to toss around.

So here is where you all come in:

Contact the office & make your reservations. If you're a member of the BCA, it will only cost you $30. For anybody else, it's only $35 -- five bucks more, for a fine wining and dining experience. As a bonus, you'll have the pleasure of hanging out for an evening with Monmouth's best people (plus a few of my friends, as well).

And then you'll have bragging rights over me, too.

No comments: