Saturday, August 05, 2006

Treefall!

At last, I have a working computer I can pretend to call my own (technically, it's still Mom's, but she has great forebearance toward me), and have had a chance to download & upload pictures of the tree what done landed on my house.

If you look really closely at this picture (click to get to main page for enlargement)Big-Ass Branch (with-cat) you can see a cat looking back at you. I hadn't noticed her while I was trying to document the 24" diameter trunk lying across my front stoop. In retrospect, I don't know how I missed her. Maybe it was the massive amount of greenery
What they had to pick up obscuring my view, or maybe it was the handsome fellers Lee's Tree Service Cleans up.
working to clear it away. Anyway, pretty much all I really noticed was the big-ass branches on my house and the damage they had done
That WAS my pillar to the pillar and rail just outside my bedroom. While I had been trying to sleep. With my indoor kitties. Who deserted me for the night. Faithless wretches! If I could have, I'd have been right with them hiding under the claw-foot bathtub.

No comments: