Saturday, May 06, 2006

Shine a little light

In volunteering to catalog all of Dad's and my postcards in one big project, I've come across a few pics which aren't postcards. Sometimes, I feel sad to have come across somebody's photos with no identification upon them, especially if they're of people -- strangers, lost in the sea of time. Sometimes, I'm simply intrigued by the perspective somebody else had.

This 5x7" glossy photo
Washington, D.C. @ night was in a flat of cards I bought three weeks ago. It had suffered some water damage to the left corners (a little bit of some other paper was attached to it, and I hope someday soon to have the courage to acatually, physically clean it up, rather than settle for photoshopping it), but otherwise was, I think, a master work.

Is this what it looks like when the fireworks are over? It almost makes me think our nation's capital can't be a bad place, after all...

No comments: