Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In which James & Mari take me out


James & Mari take me out, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.

Okay, so I've been away from the computer a lot this week. First, there were two crises, then there was Easter (the day before, upon which I was privileged to attend a mob scene of delight and the day of, I had extended fambly come to dinner). Then there was that thing were I admit I'm not sixteen years old any more (thank all the powers that be!).

I turned 46, and Mari and her son, James were there to help me celebrate another year of raspy breathing. We dined in style, on steak dinner, at Galesburg's Packing House Restaurant (after we'd gone shopping, briefly, for stuff to repair a pair of chairs). I took their picture there, while we were waiting for a decadent dessert (cheesecake. The stuff at the Packing House is really creamy and smooth and rich and... now I'm all hungry again) to arrive.

I wish we could have made the evening last for a few more hours, but James had to get up at an indecent hour (before noon) to go to work, so we said our farewells before 9 p.m.

No comments: