Thursday, April 13, 2006

All clear signal given

In case you've been watching weather reports for this region, we had a spot of rough weather come our way over the course of the evening... tornados touched down in Muscatine & IA city, among other places, doing serious damage and injury -- giganto-rama hailstones across six counties, too -- but it all seems to have passed Monmouth by without incident (well, with a few power flickers, anyway).

Of course, I'm posting this while the tornado warnings are still in effect for Galesburg, Cameron and Abingdon, & the big cell is heading toward Peoria & points ESE. Watching the WX reports on my cute little Watchman (the one I got at auction for a buck), wondering if I should consider grabbing spare batteries, water, & the flashlight, & heading for the folks' basement... NAH. 50 mph spinny winds are sissy stuff.

The folks are still down in the western foothills of Appalachia. I don't expect they'll have much of this come their way, but they may have some interesting things to see on the road home.

I reckon I'll have to burn some gasoline tomorrow to get pix. After I finally calm the cats enough to sleep.

Will update if necessary.

If you are, or were, in the path of this storm, my thoughts are with you. It ain't pretty.

No comments: