Friday, December 16, 2005

I love my local newspaper

But I get the feeling they don't quite love me... They printed my weekly column, as they have so regularly done, these past three years and change. But they gave my mom the byline, apparently because, with the promotion from General Manager to Managing Editor, somebody has forgotten to actually read his own paper, and just popped in the name which headed the e-mail's return addy. In their defense, Mom & I dohave a very similar last name... it's a lot like Dad's, too. Maybe he'll get next week's byline.

Somebody, please tell Mom she's only to blame for my birth and upbringing, not what I do with it once I'm here.


Wow.

I used to say that the local paper was much improved over the way it was when I was a kid. It appears I may have spoken too soon.

No comments: