Friday, December 02, 2005

Catblog Friday: Snow Falling on Kitten

I stepped out the door yesterday to see the first snowfall of the season. No human foot had passed through this blanket of white, but I still could not call it virgin.

Who could have been here?, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.

Someone had been here.

I looked around, to see who could have made these prints, and -- lo, and behold! -- there stood DustBunny, lost and bewildered by this phenomenon.

Surrounded by White, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.



Well, DustBunny is one of the more feral kitties to have been born in my garage, so she's not overly friendly toward people in general -- let alone toward me (I think there's only one person on the block who is allowed to touch her, and that's my next-door neighbor, Janis, who sits quietly on her back step for very long times in the evening). Even when I pour out a giant heap of kibble, DustBunny tries to stay in the background, unnoticed, until I either go back indoors for a while, or I drive away in my car, heading for Mom's computer. But, this time, poor DustBunny had no way to camouflage herself against the white, white earth and the white-laden branches of the spirea bushes by the porch.

No Place to Hide, originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.



Still, I didn't approach her. She eventually came up & drank some of the warm water, and dashed across the porch to hide in the pack that was already pigging out on kibble in the Fiesta ceramic bowl (so, okay, Dustbunny wasn't the only cat making pitty-pawprints in the snow. She obviously had help from siblings and cousins).

No comments: