Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Light blogging

In case I haven't said so before, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are often very light days for blogging, for me, since I usually spend those two days researching, composing, editing, and then completely rewriting my column for the Daily Review Atlas*.

This week is no exception -- except for the part where I went out with my friend to see the new Harry Potter movie. If you have not seen it yet, please consider doing so. It's not for the faint-hearted or for wee ones, but at the end of nearly 3 hours in the theater, I watched the credits come up, and heard myself saying, "Already?! It can't be over yet!"

So, I was naughty and took a break in my serious, heavy work load (it's a load of something, anyway), but still I think I managed to produce something almost as useful to some folks as a pile of manure...

I used to then sit on my column until Friday, when the paper was released, and I would then post my column on my other blog. I did this primarily as a courtesy to the managing editor, who has since left this town, I gather, for a less aggravating environment (and I wish her all success). Therefore, I have shifted the posting of my own column to... whenever I finish rewrites on it. It will likely continue to come to the blog by Wednesday, mid-afternoon, as it has done today.


*whose editors very kindly print my weekly column at no cost to me.

No comments: