Friday, November 11, 2005

Another gift of respect for our defenders

Since I don't have cable or satellite tv at home, I'm usually a little late to the party when the POTUS speaks (when, again, was the last time the networks covered a speech by a prez?) but I came through the door to my folks' house, today, in time to catch what Jeff Goldstein at Protein Wisdom took note of: Bush breaks his silence and fires back at his political opponents. Finally.

I caught myself cheering loudly, "THANK YOU, MISTER PRESIDENT!" and, "It's ABOUT FREAKING TIME!" and decided it was time to raise another mug of something cidery. I'm just glad my dad wasn't home at the time. He hates parties.

(HT: Gateway Pundit)

Update: the text of the President's speech is available in its entirety from the White House site, here

No comments: