Friday, July 15, 2005

New twist on the Rove story

This was posted earlier today, on theiWon Message Boards:

Wilson: Hey, Robert Novak, I think my wife works for the C.I.A.

Novak: Oh, really?

Wilson: Yes, she sent me to Africa.

Novak: What do you want me to do, precisely?

Wilson: Can you find out if she works for the C.I.A.?

Novak: I can call Karl Rove. Anything else?

Wilson: I want you to write a story. You should claim that you got it from two senior Administration officials.

Novak: You want me to reveal your wife as a C.I.A. agent and lie about you being a senior Administration official. I would be commiting two crimes and ruin my status as a respected journalist. Why should I do such a thing?

Wilson: So I can get a cushy job in a future Kerry administration.

Novak: No problem.



Dang, I wish I'd said that stuff!

No comments: