Friday, June 24, 2005

M&P withstand the test of time


The M&P.1956
Originally uploaded by leucanthemum b.
Today, my parents are celebrating the 48th anniversary of their wedding. In all those years, they seem to have never had a photograph taken of the two of them, together. I asked Mom about that, and she said, "Well, either I was taking pictures of him, or he had the camera and was taking pictures of me.. and you kids, of course." I think that pretty much sums up what these two have been about.

They're not sticky-gooey about each other, but they have no problems with admiring each other, respecting, loving, and expressing said feelings. And they work well as a team.

This photo was taken on the day they became engaged. There's a little more grey in their hair, and, perhaps time has left its mark on them in other ways, but the partnership is there for all to see, and that has only strengthened over the years.

Peter and Marilyn K. are the finest couple I know. If you will, please, raise a glass of your choicest beverage to them.

No comments: