Monday, May 23, 2005

You learn something new from colleges every day

Galesburg's Register-Mail says that some people can get doctorates from four-year colleges. At least, Knox College seems to think they can give honorary doctorates to Senator Barack Obama and Elizabeth Hayford (president of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest). And at Knox's website, they only lay claim to offering Bachelor's degrees...

I had not realized that undergraduate schools could hand out advanced degrees. Maybe I should have studied overt socializing and political palm-greasing a little harder at Monmouth, and I'd have learned this lesson earlier. Then I wouldn't have to go back to classes in order to get a piece of paper that says somebody other than me thinks I know what I'm doing, even when I'm a half-a**ed lunatic.

No comments: